Rosary Key Chain in Action!
The Rosary decade.
This short version of the full Rosary can be said after the family/class has shared general prayers.
You may like to precede the decade by reflecting on one of the scripture passages associated with the Mysteries of the Rosary.
Using the entire Keychain:
E. State your intentions or read the scripture passage of the chosen Mystery. Say the Lord’s Prayer
F. Say 10 Hail Marys
G. Say the Glory Be
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven
Hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil, Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you;
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death,
Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Some of us might think that the Rosary is a bit dull. Well, it doesn’t have to be. Try these ideas:
- Make your own beads using the Rosary Keychain plan or even a full Rosary set. Make sets for your friends and family.
- Short on time? Say a Joey Rosary or just one decade.
- Sing it, rap it, dance it, draw it, move to it. There are lots of ways to make this prayer rock!
- Take turns to lead it. One person says the first half of the prayers and the others join in for the second half.
- Try saying it in another language. Get your grandparents, godparents and family to join you.
- Find pictures of the mysteries. Having a picture to look at helps us focus on the special time in Jesus’ life and what it might have been like to be there.
- Don’t race it! One prayer offered thoughtfully is of more value than a dozen said in haste.
- Think about the words. Pope John Paul II said that the word ‘Jesus’ is “the centre of gravity in the Hail Mary.” Make the name of Jesus stand out when you say this prayer.